Hi, I’m Sean McQuade and I hope I can count on you for your vote on Seat 2 for Orange County Soil and Water Conservation Board.
More than 10 years ago I started getting consistently involved in giving back to our community and helping others. Through my volunteer work I got to meet some really inspirational people and was made aware of pressing issues right here in our own backyard. It is because of my love for our community and the people in it that I have given financially, grown local partnerships and volunteered my time to non-profits that make a difference to Orange County residents.
The most eye opening experience I have ever had was serving as a voice for those unable to do so themselves. My first experience advocating for others was so empowering that I haven’t stopped since. I’ll never forget the day that I spoke in front of a Florida Senate committee to advocate for others and the feeling that I had. It was that moment that I knew I would never stop serving our community.
I was born and raised in Central Florida and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. I live in Orange County with my wife and our two sons. This is our home and I will do whatever it takes to protect it and keep it beautiful. That is what has brought me to wanting to serve on the Soil and Water Conservation Board – keeping Orange County beautiful. I’ve had an interest in agriculture since I was young and now that I’m a father, making sure that we protect and improve our environment to ensure a fruitful future for generations to come is my top priority.
I hope you’ll take the chance to get to know me. I’m happy to connect anytime - just reach out!
Keep Orange County Beautiful,
After studying Organizational Communications at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL, Sean’s professional experience grew to include a range of things. Most notably:
- The start-up of a local textile recycling company that included a non-profit donation structure to help the community while limiting waste.
- Worked with Florida Farmers to learn about sustainable land practices.
- Partnership development with all 67 school districts to implement and expand health & wellness education programs.
- Advocating for legislation that resulted in life saving oral chemotherapy drugs for cancer patients to be covered by insurance carriers.
- Coordination of fundraising events for local charities.
- Increasing innovative education solutions in higher education.